A Valid Path combines Parsons' love of studio wizardry with edgy electronica, club-inspired drumbeats and ethereal guitar solos. To build Path, he recruited the best of all musical worlds to collaborate with him, including David Gilmour (Pink Floyd), The Crystal Method, Shpongle, Uberzone, The Nortec Collective and even actor John Cleese. The end result is both fascinating and breathtaking, a powerful mélange of instrumentation, technology, musical styles and complex compositions.
The new DVD side of the DualDisc features the entire album mixed in 5.1 surround sound by Parsons himself (a recording process seemingly tailor made for his multi-layered music), a track by track commentary from Parsons detailing the songs and how they were structured, as well as in-depth interviews with Alan, David Gilmour, The Crystal Method and the other musicians on the album. Lyrics to all the songs, website links and a DVD Launcher feature are also included.
Alan Parsons began his career as a studio engineer, working with the Beatles on Abbey Road and later Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. He stepped to the other side of the microphone in 1975, recording his own lush, high concept music, and has amassed a devoted, cult-like loyal following. His recent work with electronica leaders such as The Crystal Method has been embraced by the dance club and DJ community, proving his ability to cross genres and that his song construction and production acumen are timeless. The DualDisc release of A Valid Path finds Parsons yet again at the leading edge of music and production, an artist determined to never duplicate himself from one album to the next.
A Valid Path tracklisting:
1. Return to Tunguska featuring Shpongle & David Gilmour
2. More Lost Without You featuring P.J. Olsson
3. Mammagamma '04 featuring Jeremy Parsons
4. We Play The Game featuring The Crystal Method
5. Tijuaniac featuring Nortec Collective
6. L'arc En Ciel featuring Uberzone
7. A Recurring Dream Within A Dream featuring Jeremy Parsons
8. You Can Run featuring Deep E
9. Chomolungma featuring Jeremy Parsons, P.J. Olsson, & John Cleese